As I have moved forward in my personal journey, I have grown to realize that as an entrepreneur, there are a myriad of topics that remain untouched. Which is why I love to talk about most things that most people don't, like for example, the topic of this particular blog post. Unfortunately birthing a business just simply doesn't command the attention it should, especially when it's a huge step for every single person. You know...you start with this great idea, put in work to make it wonderful, launch, and then crickets!
So...then it can go a number of ways. You can work through the lack of support, or just give up and move on to the next thing...with a number of other options in between. Your next move really depends on the Birthplace of Your Business.
The Birthplace of Your Business is exactly what it sounds like. The place where your business was born. The reason your business was born. The circumstances under which your business was conceived. Think about the birth of a child. Sometimes, a child is brought into this world under circumstances that he/she didn't ask for. Born into a broken home where there is no love, among other unfortunate situations. A business can be birthed the same way. Out of anger, and not passion. Out of necessity...out of coercion...simply because you had no other choice. In doing that, you're essentially giving birth to something you didn't really want. Kinda like a toxic mother is to a child, you're a toxic business owner.
The Birthplace of Your Business is it's foundation. If the foundation is weak, your business can be easily destroyed. Your business will not be able to withstand the tests and trials that will come it's way. Ultimately, that is simply a reflection of you and your ability to withstand those same tests and trials.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself to determine if your business was birthed from a negative space.
1. Are you motivated/inspired to work your business consistently? If you find it hard to work your business, it could very well mean it's not a priority for you.
2. Is this a passion or just something that you are good at? If you're passionate about what you do, you are more likely to push through and not give up when times get hard. Otherwise, you're likely to just move on to the next thing with ease.
3. Is this your baby or are you a surrogate? Is this a business that you created, or is this a company that you work for? When it's not your baby, you are less likely to nurture it like you should. Yes there are some cases where working for another company is directly aligned with your purpose.
4. Do you share baby pictures? All proud parents share pictures of their baby. You should share pictures, information, etc about your business. If not, you are not proud of your business.
5. Are you a deadbeat mom/dad? If you don't support your own business, it is a sign that your business was birthed from a negative space.
If you're wondering how to shift this perspective to a much more positive space, here are a few suggestions to try.
1. Attach your why to your business. We always forget why we started, but we have to always come back to that for motivation.
2. Try relaunching or rebranding your business. This can be a great way to realign with your purpose and update it to fit who you currently are.
3. Professional Meditation is a great way to gain clarity on what you should do with your business and the decision making process.
4. Incorporate your business with your purpose. If you're a surrogate, this can be a great way to be able to begin to take the business more seriously and be motivated.
5. Personal and Professional Development. Just like you have to learn to be a great parent, you learn to be a great business owner.
I hope that this blog has given you a new way to look at your business. With being a chakra expert, it's hard to share with others how the chakras directly affect your business on a day to day basis. The Chakra that is most associated with this topic is your Personal and Professional Root Chakra. If you would like to book your personal/professional chakra consultation, please CLICK HERE .
Until next time, Peace and love everyone.